Physiotherapy in Chelmsford & Southend on Sea
Covid - 19 Update
Our Southend clinic has now been open since the 4th July 2020 and our Chelmsford clinic is opening from 20th July 2020 from Monday to Saturday.
We are committed to providing the highest level of clinical safety:
Key Measures Will Include
- Questionnaire/symptom checks prior to attendance
- Medical grade PPE
- Site specific patient flow management
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Infection control measures
Our facilities will operate with oversite from our Clinic Directors to ensure advice from Public Health England (PHE) is adhered to, the highest standards of hygiene and infection control are being met and risk factors are minimised.
The following key safety measures and additional protocols will be implemented to help manage any potential risk associated with Covid-19:
- A pre appointment questionnaire, covering specific Covid-19 risk factors and symptom checks will be undertaken.
- An updated consultation process, our clinicians will assess and treat you either face-to-face or by virtual consultation, as deemed clinically appropriate.
- Specific pre appointment guidance on PPE and safety expectations provided over telephone call or virtual session.
- Medical grade PPE will be worn by clinicians as directed by PHE.
- Implementation of site-specific location plans to manage the number and flow of people within each clinic.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and additional cleaning protocols to sterilise contact areas between appointments.
- Additional training for all staff on managing Covid-19 risk factors.
- Regular review of infection control measures in line with PHE guidance.
If you have any queries regarding face to face appointments, our updated safety measures or any aspect of infection control, please contact the relevant clinic and one of our Clinic Directors will be more than happy to speak with you directly.
Welcome to The Physio Academy
The Physiotherapy Academy is the leading multi-disciplinary practice in the Southend and Chelmsford areas. Our teams are highly experienced in treating a range of conditions and we guarantee that we have the best clinician for you. Whether you need a sports physiotherapist, musculoskeletal physiotherapist, acupuncturist, paediatric physiotherapist or sports masseur we can meet your needs. Our physiotherapy and sports massage services can be provided in our state of the art clinics, at your workplace, in your home or in the gym and rehabilitation areas.
Why choose The Physiotherapy Academy? Our physiotherpists have gained valuable knowledge and a depth of experience from working in NHS environments, private practice and elite sport. This level of learning and practice ensures they can correctly diagnose and effectively treat complex conditions using current evidence. Three members of the team have advanced their clinical practice and knowledge by gaining Masters of Science degrees in Sports and Exercise Medicine and Physiotherapy gaining the highest accolade of distinction.
Each physiotherapist is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, our professional governing body, and is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the public body that ensures we maintain the highest standards expected of our profession.
To arrange an appointment or speak to a physiotherapist, call or email on: