Physiotherapy in Chelmsford & Southend on Sea
The Physiotherapy Academy Ltd is a private limited company established under the laws of England and Wales, official company number 06595774, having its registered office at 162-164 High Street, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 7BS, United Kingdom.
The Physiotherapy Academy is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration number Z3096894.
The services that The Physiotherapy Academy offers are set out on our websites www.physioacademy.co.uk.
When we hold an individual's personal information we do so in accordance with all applicable legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA") and the EU General data Protection Regulation in force from 25 May 2018 ("GDPR") as they are now and as they may be amended and superseded from time-to-time. (together the "Legislation").
- Information we may collect about you
- How we collect that information
- Our legal basis for holding that information
- How we may use that information
- Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
- Security of your personal information
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Uses of our website
- Contact details and further information
The Physiotherapy Academy is a data controller under the Legislation.
- Personal Information we may collect about you
Personal information ("Personal Data") means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Within our database we hold Personal Data that may include:
- Personal contact details to allow us to contact you directly such as title, name, home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Date of birth
- Records of your interactions with us such as telephone calls, emails and other correspondence,
- Any payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of financial transactions with you,
- Records of your attendance
- Your marketing preferences so we know whether and how we should contact you,
- Special Categories of Personal Information
We may also collect, store and use 'Special Category Data' of more sensitive personal information regarding you. Special category data may include
- medical history,
- mental and physical health details,
- family details,
- lifestyle and social circumstances,
- employment and education details,
- contact details and names of your GP or other medical professionals involved in your care.
We may not collect and store all of the above types of Special Category Data about you. In relation to the Special Category personal data that we do process we do so on the basis that
- The processing is necessary to fulfil Article 9 (2) c, f and h of the GDPR.
- C: 'processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent'.
- F: 'processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity'.
- H: 'processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment, or the management of health and social care systems and services on the basis of union or member state law or pursuant to contract with a health professional and subject to the conditions and safeguards'.
- How we collect that Personal Data
Our database is composed of Personal Data typically gathered when you contact The Physiotherapy Academy, purchase any of our services, attend an appointment at our clinic, or when you correspond with us by telephone, email or some other form of communication. From time to time we have and may in the future receive and add into our database Personal Data which is either publicly available including from published directories or obtained from third parties. In all cases the nature of that Personal Data will be limited to that described in 1 above.
- Our legal basis for holding that Personal Data
We hold Personal Data on either of three legal bases as set out in the GDPR: (i) Consent where you have given clear consent for us to hold your personal information (GDPR Article 6.1 (a)) or (ii) where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (GDPR Article 6.1(c) or (iii) where we have a Legitimate Interest to hold that information which interest has been identified and can include commercial interests, individual interests or broader societal interests (GDPR Article 6.1 (f)). We consider that we have a Legitimate Interest to hold personal data on all individuals who are included in our database either because of the services that we offer or because of a common interest in the provision of Physiotherapy and Sports Massage services. However when we add to our database either with publicly available data or from third parties we may also request such Consent.
- How we may use that Personal Data
We use that Personal Data in the course of normal business and for the notification of events or activities with which The Physiotherapy Academy is involved, and to otherwise promote and market our services and deliver them according to agreed contracts.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We will not sell, transfer or share Personal Data nor disclose Personal Data to third parties except as we are otherwise obliged to do by law or with your approved consent.
In order to market our services we use MailChimp, an American company, which stores all of its data on owned and operated servers located in the U.S. only. MailChimp has been certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and we will only use data processors or similar organisations which are so certified and meet international regulatory standards.
- Security of Personal Data
We have in place safeguards in our procedures and technology to keep Personal Data secure to a standard for an organisation of our type and size.
- Personal Data retention
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we have collected and retained it and in keeping with our legal obligations.
- Your legal rights
All e-mail marketing contains the right and facility to "Opt-Out" by Unsubscribing from future distributions.
Furthermore if at any time you do not wish to receive further information and communications from us you may either Unsubscribe or otherwise inform us by email at email@example.com.
You also have the rights under the Legislation, as described in full therein, to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of inaccurate personal information
- Request erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances
- Object to processing of your personal information
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information where certain
criteria are met
- Request transfer of your personal information
- Right to withdraw consent.
- Use of our website (www.physioacademy.co.uk)
of information that save and retrieve information about your visit to our site, such as
- Contact details and further information
To arrange an appointment or speak to a physiotherapist, call or email on: