Dr James Noake
Dr Noake has both surgical and general / acute medical memberships in addition to being a Fellow of the Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine and has also worked in General Practice, allowing him to adopt a holistic approach to and perspective on his patients' injuries and conditions. On a day-to-day basis he sees patients in the general population, young and old, from the sedentary to super fit and active, through to elite sportsmen and women.
He has postgraduate qualifications in the use of medical ultrasound and utilizes these in his dayto-day clinical practice.
He has been involved in elite sports for over eight years. He is currently head doctor at premiership rugby team London Irish RFC and worked with the England Women’s RFU at various national age group levels. His sports experience extends to working as a medical officer for:
- UK Athletics
- GB Paralympic Squad
- English Institute of Sport
- GB and England Disability football squads
- Essex CCC
- England Hockey
He has worked as event physician for the Aviva indoor world athletics grand prix series, and World and European artistic gymnastics championships.
He has a special interest and experience in:
- Non-surgical management of all musculoskeletal and sports related injuries, with a particular interest in tendon, shoulder, knee, foot & ankle injuries.
- Assessment of running overuse injuries and sports specific biomechanical issues.
- Use of high-resolution ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of soft tissue, tendon and joint disorders, including ultrasound guided injection therapies and diagnostic anaesthetic ‘blocks’ (local or regional) with subsequent provocative exercise or movement tests.
- Complex cases and musculoskeletal and clinical conundrums, including assessment and diagnosis of rheumatological & medical 'masqueraders.
To arrange an appointment or speak to a physiotherapist, call or email on: